Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

"That was a lot of work"

Last night we had church pictures. The guy taking pictures definately did NOT have kids nor had he been around many...at least very young babies. After spending 5 minutes trying to get Owen to hold his head up... (He is not even 6 weeks old!!!!!) we moved onto try for a big Becker Family picture. Owen and Channing were ready to be done. Owen was hungry and just tired of it all. The picture man took FOREVER lining everyone up and trying to get us all in the PERFECT spot with our heads turned in just the right direction! Meanwhile, Owen and Channing were staying fairly calm. Then, when he was FINALLY ready to actually take the picture, Owen let it all out! He cried and threw his head back and screamed. I tried to calm him as the man told me to "put the plug back in her" and "just hold her real close and calm her down quick." Yes, he called my son a girl multiple times and did not realize that he is not even 6 weeks old and will not just calm down after a few seconds when he is tired and hungry! I tried for a couple minutes and then decided that poor Owen was done. Those other Becker kids were fantastic, but Owen ruined the pictures. We will just have to try again when he gets a little older and maybe with someone a little more kid friendly. Also, you can tell I'm new to this whole "mommy" thing because he did calm down as soon as I put the bottle in his mouth (which I knew). BUT, I did leave the bottle in the car... not just a quick grab away. I am learning quickly that I should always have everything just an arm's length away!
We had pizza at Dan and Ruth's afterward and I did manage to get a couple cute pictures of the kids!
Owen continues to get bigger everyday. He's putting on about a pound per week (10.5lbs Monday) and is about 24" long. He has a new mobile in his room and enjoys being carried in his new snuggly carrier!










Owen is getting much stronger and better at holding his head up. 6 weeks old tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! I feel your pain! Jenna has refused to cooperate in MANY professional picture situations!! :)

    ReplyDelete